Sunday, May 2

Kole growing up

Well, Kole will be a big brother very soon. Two weeks to be exact. This may be Kole's last time on the blog being an only child :) He's been a busy little boy lately; he's been up to the cabin with my Dad and Deb and running around the house like he owns the place!! The weather has been really nice so we've been outside a little bit. The backyard is not the most ideal place to play but at least it's fenced in and I don't have to chase him around. He mainly just walks around and picks the weeds out of the grass. He's not too fond of falling down and getting his hands dirty though. Oh brother, he needs to get over that quick!! Kole had a blast with my dad and Deb up north. LOTS of playing outside, swinging on the new swingset that his Papa Tom built, walks and even a short ride on the quad. He played AND slept like a champ! I think he came home with a little more "hair on his chest" from hanging out in the woods with his Papa :)
We've been very blessed and grateful to have some good babysitters help out with Kole while I've been resting and taking it easy. Papa Snoop came over for a couple of days while Seth worked late to help out. I bet he was just as tired as Kole was at the end of the day---he helped with the cooking, picking up and taking care of Kole! He is a busy little boy!!! He still LOVES Sesame Street and his drumming. He's been trying out more words here and there lately; can't quite get the whole word out but he's trying and usually gets the correct number of syllables. Today we were bowling inside and he says "bum bum" for bowling. Close, right? Kole also LOVES his flash cards! I bought a couple of packs of them a while back and when I ask Kole if he wants to play them he gets SO EXCITED!! He loves telling me what the cards are: dog, cat, (still making the noises vs. what they are called, but he gets it at least), balloon (bum bum also), ball, baby, etc... he does his best to copy me and what I say. He has a few colors that he knows---well, he knows the names of the colors, I don't think he ALWAYS knows the actual color: green, blue, yellow, and purple. He learns something new everyday I think :
Like I said before, two more weeks to go and the new baby will be here. I am totally ready to NOT be pregnant anymore and looking forward to getting into a normal routine again. Which reminds me, Seth came home with some great news the other day. He won yet another Winner's Circle trip!!! This time around the contest was a little different (don't ask though, b/c I don't really know those details though) and the trips are now to places that GFS services. So, this year the trip is at the end of June and it's to Chicago. I am planning on going as of now, but leaving a 6 week old baby is not something I'm really excited about. It's really not that far away and it's for a long weekend so I think/hope I'll be able to handle it. It might be our last "getaway" with no kids for a while so maybe I'll just have to suck it up. We'll be taking applications for babysitters in June very soon....
Enjoy some pics and vids of Kole being an only child... :)


Bowling (with no ball this time)


STRIKE!




He's not yelling, he's just surprised at something he just saw. This is his new thing...



Takin' a walk up north on Forman Road


The photo doesn't show it but he really enjoyed the swinging. According to my dad it was the first place he'd run to when going outside and kept doing the sign for "more" when he took him out of the swing



Looks like Kole found the books at the cabin


Begging to go outside


On the quad



Stroller ride with Grammy


Picking weeds in the backyard


"Hiding" behind the trees




In the backyard


"Walk softly and carry a big stick"




At the park with Seth on Saturday

Bowling "bum-bum" in the living room

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE how Kole bowls!! Hysterical! It was kind of sad to hear that this will be the last pictures of Kole as an only child, but I know he will be a good big brother. Hope you manage through the next 2 weeks ok.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you'd like!