Wednesday, April 21

Getting Ready

We've been getting ready for the baby to arrive the past couple of weeks. As you know Seth (and Jersey) are sleeping in the baby's room on the mattress on the floor. After lots of deliberation, Seth decided he wanted to paint the baby's room after all. We went back and forth but in the end he said that he wanted the baby to have a nice room, not just a gray color room. Also, he said he wanted to try out a new kind of painter's tape so it was a three way win---the baby has nice chocolate color walls in his/her room, Seth got to test out his painter's tape and new kind of paint with the primer built in (both were a success), and I will enjoy picking out nice bedding for the baby. It's pretty dark, but I really like it and it's exactly what I thought it would be. This past weekend Mary Rose and Carey came into town and Carey helped Seth put the new crib together while Mary Rose and I battled Babies R Us to get a mattress and some other odds and ends that the baby needs. $230 later..... We got the grill out on Saturday evening and grilled up some brats and dogs for the family. Mmmmm.....they were sooooo good!
I've been getting some wonderful help from our family over the last few weeks in regards to Kole. It's pretty hard on me taking care of him all day (oh, that kid is heavy when you lift him) so in order to keep baby #2 safe and healthy until May 17th, we have Sarah coming over a couple times per week to watch Kole while I lay in bed. My mom has taken some days off of work to help out and Aunt Laura and Aunt Rosie are also helping out. Kole head out to sleep-away-campt at the cabin with my Dad and Deb this weekend and a few days next week. It really makes a difference getting off of my feet for the day and it makes things easier the next time I spend the day with Kole. Thanks to all my sitters!!! We have been watching our fair share of TV lately though which I am not proud of but really having Kole sit still for an hour helps out! Sesame Street is Kole's favorite show at this point---he's actually learning from it believe it or not! He's learned how to play the drums and it's one of his favorite things to do these days. He has a couple of paint stirrers from Home Depot that he uses as sticks and drums on just about anything! He's learning how to jump and also sings along with some of the songs and tries to "count" with the kids on the show. He gets so excited when I turn the show on, thank GOD for DVR---we have a bunch of episodes recorded.
Last week I came down with a cold that turned into a sinus infection. Nothing like being sick with not being able to take anything to feel better AND being 34 weeks pregnant. I did end up seeing the doctor and getting an antibiotic for the infection so that was good. I feel better now and hope I don't catch anything else! I also hope that I didn't get Mary Rose or Carey sick over the weekend :(
Kole has been running around like a chicken with his head cut off lately and climbing on everything he can. Not only is he just climbing, he's now been brave enough to climb from one thing to the next. For example, he climbs in the red chair near the window. Then he'll climb over the arm of the chair and into the window sill. Sometimes he'll just straddle the arm of the chair until someone walks in the room or we tell him NO NO. He TOTALLY knows he's doing something wrong and giggles and laughs when you "catch" him doing it. He's actually had a few time outs in his crib already. He's testing the waters and pushing our buttons. Seth and I already discussed that in the world of discipline, I'll be the bad cop and he'll be the good cop since he doesn't like putting Kole in time-outs. I have no issue with it especially when Kole laughs and giggles when you try disciplining him. He understands way more than people give him credit for.... :)
Here are a couple of pics and a video of Kole. Enjoy!


My sweet Princess Jersey



Cuddling with Seth in bed (mattress). They BOTH love this.


Kole LOVES to wear other people's shoes. Yes, he does walk around in them... I think Sarah's are his favorite.


Kole goofing around with a tee-shirt of Seth's wrapped around him.


My vegetable hater eating a green bean! This only lasted like two times though.


Baby's room. Chocolate Swirl walls.


Blue and brown-ish bedding for a boy and Pink and brown-ish bedding for a girl.



climbing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you'd like!