Saturday, May 8

Nesting

Oh boy have I been nesting the past couple of weeks!! I've been working on little craft projects, throwing stuff away, sorting through some junk, selling stuff on craigslist (and bought a new pack n play on craigslist since we needed another one for Kole to sleep in when we go away overnight). I finally finished Emma's tutu (using this tutorial) and decided that she needed a onesie to go with it since we can't have her diaper showing with just a regular shirt. I put some of my craft websites to work on that and ended up with a cute shirt and another one (a practice one) for Kole too. I made some "dolly diapers" for both Kole and Emma and tonight I sewed up a nursing cover for myself. Now, it looks totally like an apron but this is how they are supposed to look. You can spend big bucks on these things but I ended up using some fabric I had at home and found several free online tutorials (I used this one) on how to make them. I did not use one when I was nursing Kole but I had the luxury of feeding him behind closed doors when I needed to. I'm not so sure I'll have that luxury this time around so I thought a nice cover would do the trick. It was really easy and cost me about $2.00 for the boning near the top and the D-rings. The fabric was something I had here. Not too shabby and better than paying $25 plus for one.
I have also been trying to figure out how to post our telephone videos on the blog or at least email them so we can see them besides on our phones. I finally figured it out and have posted a bunch of old videos from my phone below.
I think the pregnancy insomnia might be kicking in as well. I don't know if you can tell but I'm writing this at 1:50am. *sigh* I am just starting to get tired. I wish I had this much energy a couple of months ago! One week and three days to go and I won't be nearly as energetic as I am now so I guess I better enjoy it while I can. Okay, off to bed I go since Seth is fishing (probably one last time until who knows when) in the morning and I will be on Mommy duty until he gets home.

My new nursing cover (not the cutest but it will do just fine and decent enough to use in public if need be)



My first attempt at appliques. Worked well, just tedious.


Yes, I dressed Kole in Emma's tutu, BUT I needed a "model" to see how it fit around the waist. I think she's a bit taller but it will be fine and it looks way longer than it is b/c the waist needed to be taken in. I tried it on again the other day and it was much better :) I couldn't resist taking a picture. I'll probably pull this picture out when he starts dating. Or maybe use it in a "graduation photo montage..." Mean, mean mommy....




Teasing Jersey...typical.


"playing" with Jersey


Kole's FIRST time climbing on the furniture with no help. I literally found him like this after stepping out of the living room for like a minute.


Working on some coloring


Helping mommy feel better while she had a cold


Bowling (just last week). Or Bom-bom as he called it.


Totally goofy kid, but he's all MINE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you'd like!