Merry Christmas everyone!! We had a long weekend of celebrating and as I write this on Sunday night, I can't believe it's all over. Kole's second Christmas was toy filled and fun filled for him and for the rest of us. Where shall I start? Thursday morning I suppose: it started out not so hot since Kole had a haircut first thing in the morning. It was torture for him of course, but he managed to get through it. After his morning nap we headed over to Aunt Joanne's house. The whole family was there including our out of town families and a guest of cousin Sarah's. It was nice to catch up with everyone before we ate and Kole and Emma got a chance to play too. Well, it was more like Kole doing everything he could to kiss and hug Emma. Seth had to pry him away from her so Emma could have her own space! We ate a big yummy dinner (I'm so glad we brought Kole's high chair over) and visited for awhile afterwards. Kole ran around the living room with his paper towel roll (aka: his Christmas Stick) for an hour I think. We all went to the basement to open up gifts; we started with our White Elephant gifts. Everyone was so generous with thier gifts this year; we all received GREAT gifts! We moved on to the kids gifts--they were totally spoiled! The women exchanged their gifts and the kids kept on playing. Kole finally let up on trying to kiss and hug Emma, he just wanted to play now. A little more visiting, a group game and some pics and we decided with the weather being icy, we should head over to our house and exchange gifts with the kids and parents. We had fun watching the kids open their gifts (and our own gifts too!). We stayed up a little while after the kids went to bed and then went to bed ourselves. Naturally, I stayed up a bit longer to enjoy my pretty Christmas tree and my Christmas Eve :) The morning came early as Jay, Keri and Emma needed to get on the road at a decent hour. We saw them off and then headed over to Aunt Joanne's (in our jammies) for breakfast. We came home and Kole and I took our respective Christmas naps. We had a nice relaxing day and then Seth and I decided to let Nana and Papa babysit while we took in a movie. Saturday found Seth and Carey on the ice with their fishing poles and me at the mall with Tina. Did some shopping with her and came home to take over "Kole duty" while Seth left to go back out fishing with a friend. Sunday morning found Seth on the ice again and afterwards we got ready to host my family at our house for another Christmas celebration. Seth made a ham and mashed potatoes and we had some yummy snacks as well. We had a really nice time and as usual Kole was the center of attention :) We opened gifts and had fun watching Kole play with his new bricks that Grammy gave him. I think Seth and Matt enjoyed them just as much! Kole and I took our respective naps (again) and had a nice night playing.
We had such a nice (super) long weekend with everyone and it was nice to spend time with our family. Can you imagine what next Christmas will bring?? I'm excited just thinking about it :)

Kole is totally digging unwrapping his Christmas present


Matt playing with Kole's bricks. Didn't take long for them to get knocked down!

Kole and his bricks

Playing with sock monkey in the box
Apparently having fun while Papa pushes him on his car
The infamous "Christmas Stick"
Mommy and Kole on Christmas morning
Sweet Emma spending some time in Kole's chair
The Davis Boys
Cute cousins
The (growing) fam!
Kole playing with his new train
Kole in a box...
Sweet Emma :)
Kole doing his best to kiss Emma
Getting ready to plant one on Emma
Jayne and Laura with the little kids
Uncle Seth and Emma
Uncle Jay and Kole
Sleeping baby
My "kids"
Jersey giving Kole some love
Playing bricks
Playing lawnmower
playing bricks some more
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment if you'd like!