Friday, July 31

A Few Days Away From Home

Kole and I took a road trip to Bay City this past week to visit with Nana and Papa and have a nice time away. I think that I've seen more of Bay City this past week than I have in the past 7 years Seth and I have been together! We left on Wednesday morning and arrived a bit before noon. Kole only slept about 35 minutes of the trip but was a good boy the rest of the time. We packed up a little bit after lunch to head over to Delta College for some swimming in their pool. Oh boy did Kole have fun!! He's like a little fish! He and his Papa had a blast playing in the water and watching him dive off the board. We went out for ice cream later on that night after Kole's 20 minute nap in the car on the way home from the pool. Kole pretty much sucked on his foot the whole time while we had ice cream. This must be a new thing for him(I think he's rubbing his toes on his gums and it feels good while he's teething!). On Thursday morning, Mary Rose watched Kole while I went with Carey and cousin Wayne for a bike ride around town. It was nice to see the area from the bike (plus I needed to work off some of the double scoop ice cream from the night before!). We had lunch with Nana, Aunt Ann, Laura, and Jayne at a Mexican restaurant. Kole took a nap later while I had an intervention on the computer with Mary Rose. We got a lot done. We took a ride up to Pinconning for dinner to see Gramps and the girls and Uncle Tim stopped by too. We all had goulosh for dinner; including Kole. He had fun with Buddy the dog running around. We left on Friday with Mary Rose for Grand Rapids but made a few stops along the way. We had to do some shopping first! We arrived in Grand Rapids later on in the day and had dinner at Aunt Joanne's that night. Saturday found us at the beach in Muskegon. But...only for about 20 minutes. It was really windy and pretty chilly and NO sun at all. Bummer. We took our picnic lunch back to our house and ate there. I came down with an allergy attack and stayed in for dinner while Seth and Kole ate pizza at Aunt Joanne's house. We had breakfast at the Cherie Inn on Sunday and Carey and Mary Rose left around 11am. It was nice to spend a few days with family :) Ugh, now I have to clean this dirty dirty house!!!


Goulosh for dinner in the stroller


Kole thought his toes tasted just as good


Playing in the water fountains at Delta College's Pool


Kole and Mommy


Looks like Kole is having fun!!




Playing catch with the ball


Kole's "holding area" before we leave the house.



Ah, baby handprints on the glass :)


Hey good lookin' whatcha got cookin'?

Kole and Gramps


Kole really liked this musical dog that moved when you pressed the button


Eatin' toes at the beach




Eatin' toes in the car


Kole and Buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you'd like!