Friday, April 1

Nothing too new

Nothing too new around the house. The weather is getting warmer but not humid (YET!). Kole is learning new things every single day and is like a little sponge these days. It was storming out the past few days and when it would thunder and Kole had a strange look on his face I told him that it was nothing to be afraid of because the rain and thunder made the grass, flowers, and trees grow. That's all I heard about today. "Thumduh. Grass grow. Trees grow. Flowers grow." He still loves his baby sister but he can sometimes be a little rough with her. Today I caught him pulling Sydney along the floor by her feet. She was laying on her back and yes, she was crying while this was happening. *sigh* Sydney is just starting to pull herself up to Kole's train table since it's great to hold onto and the perfect height. I was totally suprised when she did this the first time almost all by herself and knew exactly what to do. Not crawling yet but does the "reach" crawl; stretching her arms as far as they will go while on her belly and using her toes to push off a little bit. It seems like she's a titch behind when it comes to physical stuff but I'm not really sweating it too much. I know lots of kids progress at their own pace. She's still so dang tiny, I suppose I'm not suprised too much, really. She's eating her food like a pro now and shoving "puffs" in her mouth easily. I wish I could feed her more often than one day but it fills her up and won't finish her bottle at the next feeding. Her doctor said that the formula is most important at this point especially since she's tiny. She'll catch up, I'm sure :) Seth is off next weekend for a fishing trip to Christmas Key with a colleauge and he's super pumped about it. Pray for good weather!! 5 nights alone with the kids; I am banking this trip in my mental spreadsheet so I can collect at some point to go on vacation with my girlfriends. Not a little weekend away, I'm thinking a cruise or something. Any takers? Here are some recent pics of the kids. Sorry the pics are kind of wonky---I had issues labeling them so you'll have to make up your own story to go with the pics ;) Seth is scrolling through some trains on Ebay. Kole is naming them as Seth is going through pretty fast. Kind of quiet, turn your volume up.
Sorry this one is crooked. crane your neck a bit. Sydney is pulling herself up. I suppose access to Kole's train stuff during his nap was some good incentive :)

Sydney LOVES her baby Sophie!


She also loves her "friend" in the mirror


Sydney learning her animals. turn your volume up :)



Playing, but not sharing, the farm.



1 comment:

  1. Give me a couple of years and I'm so in on the cruise!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you'd like!