Sunday, June 20

First Road Trip

Sorry its been so long since my last post, I am having a hard time finding the time to devote to the blog like I used to. When I do have the time its usually "one handed", meaning I'm ususally doing something related to Buttercup's milk and only have one hand to use the computer which makes for slow typing :)
We took our first road trip with the kids over Father's Day weekend. Off to Bay City! The trip went very smooth and it was nice to see Nana and Papa in their glory with the kids. I can only imagine how excited they will be when ALL the kids and grandkids are together in a few weeks. To steal a quote from my Aunt Catherine (who was refering to herself after finishing 2nd in her age group at her 7th marathon on Saturday BTW), you'll have to "peel them off the ceiling" they'll be so excited!! Friday night Buttercup slept the whole night which was nice. Saturday found us relaxing around the house, playing with Kole and just visiting. Carey and I took Kole for a walk and later the two older boys went fishing after Mary Rose and I visited the local Goodwill (so cheap for tee-shirts that Kole will ruin with drool and milk) and the fabric store. Sunday was our Father's Day get together with Gramps, the Jay family, Nana, Marilyn, and Aunt Becky (who was in MI on an unplanned visit). Aunt Jackie and Uncle Henry were supposed to be there but they had some travel snags so we didn't get to see them. Sydney made her debut to the family in her new dress I made for her (I bought lots of fabric to make more dresses and even found a pair of big girl shorts in a pattern that matches one of the dresses so i'm going to cut those up and make her a diaper cover!!!!) and was a hit of course. We left in the early afternoon to head home and had an uneventful drive back to GR. Wow, what great travelers we have on our hands (knock on wood).
Seth's week was short this past week due to his trip to Chicago for Winner's Circle for GFS. I was supposed to go but changed my mind due to nursing Sydney so Seth took Mary Rose instead. Carey came over to GR with her and stayed with us for the duration of their trip. Kole and Sydney love their Papa; they had fun with him and I had a chance to get some things done while he kept an eye on Kole for me. We had a nice weekend and Seth and Mary Rose came back this afternoon. After telling Seth NOT to bring back anything from Chicago for us he didn't listen and bought me something anyway. Like I really need anything to add to our "stuff". However, I will NOT be returning this gift and WILL find a place for it amongst our "stuff". He picked out and bought me a pretty pink Coach handbag! It's large enough to pack a few diapers and wipes for the kids and so pretty!!! Oh, and it's totally REAL :) What a guy :)
The kids are doing great. Buttercup continues to eat, sleep and poop like a champ. Kole is your typical almost-two-year-old boy. One day he likes to eat fruit and the next it's his worst nightmare. He new "thing" over the weekend is to sprinkle cinnamon on his food in order for him to eat it. Well, at least its not maple syrup or sugar... I have to pick my battles with Kole :) He's been spending a good amount of time in the corner for climbing on the subwoofer next to the entertainment center and then shaking our 50 and some odd inch TV on the wall and also for climbing in the window sill and messing with the blinds. *sigh* Typical toddler boy (or so I hear...).
Enjoy some pics and vids below, hopefully I'll get some more posted sooner than later :)

Kole enjoying Nana's flower garden


Aunt Ann goofing off with Kole


Great Nana and Kole sharing a snack


Aunt Becky and Sydney


Great Grandpa Jay and Sydney

The Jay girls (Laura, Jayne, Ann) and Buttercup


Buttercup having enough for the day


Nana and Sydney


Matching smiles. Sydney and her Papa


Father's Day shirt


Buttercup modeling her new dress made by mommy :)


Awake but SO relaxed


Playing on the floor


Grandparents and the kids---notice Kole pulling Nana's hair


Gramps, Kole, and Seth


Proud Dad and his kids :)


Brotherly LOVE


Happy Father's Day Dad---here's a smooch for ya!


Mom and her two lovies


Family photo


Awww....


Wax on, wax off...


Breakfast time!


Kole thinks Sydney's "new" toys are cool... this is how Kole used to play when he was as old as Buttercup. He LOVED that toy!


Cool dude on a walk.


Playing play dough


Hollywood.


Having lunch

One of Kole's new "tricks". I was making dinner one night, turned around to put something int the dishwasher and found Kole sitting in his highchair looking proud of himself. *sigh*

Kole playing in the basement. His cousin Emma also has a set like this and has been playing tee-ball too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment if you'd like!