Sorry it's taken so long to get this on the blog, I've run into some "technical difficulties". But here he is---The Birthday Boy!!!! We had so much darn fun at the birthday party and we hope everyone else did too. For those of you who don't know, it was a puppy dog themed party for Kole since he loves his dog (and all dogs really) so much. The menu consisted of several variety of hot dogs (of course) and other picnic type food. Great Nana stayed with us for the weekend and was a help to me in the kitchen Friday night while I put the finishing touches on everything. We were up early Saturday and off to fetch the cake and blow up balloons. Our guests started arriving just before noon and the grill was fired up. Kole was passed from person to person and pretty much loved the attention. We ate massive amounts of food and packaged a lot of it up in doggie bags for our guests (tons of leftovers). Kole opened his gifts and ate cake. He was not too interested in smashing the cake. He either didn't "get it" or didn't like it. Seth and I had to help him a little bit along the way. After a quick bath he was ready for round two of playing with whoever would give him the attention. Seth cleaned up (how did I manage that??) and our guests straggled out. Just after our last guest left, Kole went down for a LONG nap (and so did I). It was a GREAT party and we had a blast!
Sunday was the actual BIG day and we celebrated with Kole by taking him to the zoo. He LOVED the animals and pointed to just about everything he saw. He had fun! We took the fun all the way to Gander Mountain where Seth tried on some camo and Kole choked on a mouthful of goldfish crackers. He threw up in my hand and was okay. Whew! Another long nap followed and we played with toys and watched football the remainder of the day. I was so exhausted I left the dirty house the way it was and just relaxed with my boys.
Here are some pics and vids of the two BIG days!! (FYI: two of the zoo videos will not load. I will post them when I get my laptop back working)
Yes, I made that dog house :)

Nana and Papa with Kole


Great Grandma Frieda, Grammy, Mommy, Kole

Nana with Kole

Kole getting kisses by the two Grandmas

Grammy
Runaway balloons!
Opening gifts

Nana and Papa with Kole
Great Grandma Frieda, Grammy, Mommy, Kole
Nana with Kole
Kole getting kisses by the two Grandmas
Grammy
A race car from Uncle Potter (naturally)
Bowling from Emily (naturally)

I teared up a bit when everyone sang Happy Birthday to my baby boy!!!

Here mommy, YOU eat it!

Kole's puppy cake, and yes, I made this :)


Kole with his new Bob the Tomato backpack
Hello, Auntie Laura? I love my new phone!
Having/Sharing birthday breakfast with Jersey (naturally)



We have been checking daily to see Kole's bday pictures. Looks like you had a great time! Love the cake and doghouse - you did a great job! Our babies are getting SO big!
ReplyDelete